Newcoat Auto + Aid Warranty Document
Automotive Paint, Fabric and Leather Applications
Thank you for choosing Newcoat Auto+Aid to care for your vehicle. The Auto+Aid range is designed to help you maintain your vehicle’s showroom shine. Your Auto+Aid kit includes premium grade products to assist you in maintaining every surface of your vehicle. By using these products regularly, you can maintain your vehicle to maximise both your enjoyment of it and its value on resale. The information provided with your Auto+Aid Kit, and our website www.newcoat.co.nz, will guide you through the easiest and best ways to maintain your vehicle. As a registered user you are also welcomed to call our Customer Assistance Team on 09 889 6563.
For your warranty to be validated, you must register online at www.newcoat.co.nz. Your dealer may already have done this but please check on our website. You must register within 30 days of purchasing your vehicle for the warranty to be validated and claims to be considered. If your vehicle is used for commercial purposes, you will need an endorsement from us. Any endorsements for commercial vehicles must be applied for within 30 days of purchase.
Your warranty covers your vehicles:
- Exterior painted surface
- Leather upholstery and trim.
- Fabric upholstery and trim.
The Newcoat Auto+Aid warranty covers permanent staining from environmental contaminants such as bird droppings, insect marks, tar, tree sap, pollens. This is addition to any rights you might have under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993 and is subject to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Period of cover
The Newcoat Auto+Aid warranty covers you for a period of 5 years from purchase. Upon your 5-year anniversary, pending an inspection, your warranty may be extended at our option for a further period of 5 years giving a total warranty period of 10 years. A small administration fee may apply, and some coating maintenance may be required.
How to Claim
If you need help removing stains or marks, email or call the Newcoat Customer Assistance Team at Assistance@newcoat.co.nz or +09 889 6563. We can guide you through the best techniques to solve your problem, or process a claim, if professional assistance is needed.
In the unlikely event of stains, marks or contamination not being removed by the Auto+Aid Detailing Kit, or any other suggestions from our Customer Assistance Team, Newcoat will pay for professional remediation of the problem up to $1,500 NZD per event.
- The warranty must have been registered within 30 days of purchase with proof of purchase lodged or available for inspection.
- All reasonable attempts must be made to remove any stains or marks following the guidelines in the Newcoat Auto+Aid manual, and/or advice from the Newcoat Customer Assistance Team.
- Only Newcoat Auto+Aid products are to be used in mark removal unless advised by the Newcoat Customer Assistance Team.
- Any potential claim must be reported to Newcoat International within 14 days of its occurrence.
- In the case of Paint claims, the Newcoat Auto+Aid Ceramic Base Coat must have been applied by, and the warranty booklet signed by, the dealer where the vehicle was purchased.
- Where an accident has occurred requiring repainting of a panel, that panel will not be covered unless Newcoat has been re-applied. Usually, the cost for this will be covered by your insurance policy. Ask your repairer to contact Newcoat International Limited Customer Assistance Team on 09 889 6563.
- For Leather, you must reapply the Newcoat Auto+Aid Leather Conditioner on at least a 6-monthly basis.
- This warranty is valid for the term of your ownership of the vehicle up to 5 years and is not transferable to a new owner of the vehicle.
General wear and tear is not covered by this warranty.
What is not covered
- Accidental or intentional damage. This is defined as anything caused by hand, animals, or machine. Examples are scratches, stone chips, chemical corrosion, pet damage, tears, rips, puncture marks in upholstery. Please contact our Customer Assistance Team if you are unsure if you are covered.
- Events covered by other warranties or insurance policies.
- Pre-existing conditions, marks scratches etc.
- Commercial vehicles or vehicles primarily used for commercial purposes are not covered except by special endorsement of Newcoat International Limited. (given at Newcoat International Limited discretion)
- Swirl Marks (wash marks), chips, scratches, scuffs and scrapes.
- Paint issues such as peeling clear coat or other sub-straight issues.
- Water spots (these are generally caused by allowing tap water to dry after washing) – Note: we recommend you always dry your vehicle after washing – for further information on vehicle washing and maintenance, see our website newcoat.co.nz.
The Newcoat Auto+Aid products have been designed to make your life easy while you look after your vehicle. You are welcomed and encouraged to call or email our New Zealand based Customer Assistance Team if you would like further advice or assistance. We also want to hear about your experiences with our product and suggestions for improvements.